Emergency Water Clean Up
When it comes to drying out water damage, we follow a systematic process to ensure effective restoration. Here is a general overview of how SERVPRO® typically handles water damage:
1. **Emergency Contact:** The restoration process begins with a call to their emergency hotline. This allows them to gather information about the extent of the damage and dispatch a team to the site.
2. **Inspection and Damage Assessment:** Upon arrival, SERVPRO® technicians assess the extent of the water damage. This involves determining the category and classification of the water damage, which helps them create an appropriate plan for restoration.
3. **Water Removal:** The first step in drying out water damage is removing any standing water. SERVPRO® uses powerful pumps and vacuums to extract water from the affected areas. The sooner water is removed, the less damage is likely to occur.
4. **Drying and Dehumidification:** After standing water is removed, the drying process begins. Industrial-strength air movers and dehumidifiers are strategically placed to accelerate evaporation and reduce humidity. This step is crucial to prevent further damage such as mold growth.
5. **Cleaning and Sanitizing:** Once the affected areas are dry, SERVPRO® focuses on cleaning and sanitizing. This may involve cleaning carpets, upholstery, and other belongings. We also use specialized cleaning agents to disinfect and prevent microbial growth.
6. **Restoration:** The final step is restoration, which involves repairing or replacing damaged materials such as drywall, flooring, or structural components. The goal is to restore the property to its pre-damaged condition.
Throughout the entire process, SERVPRO® uses advanced monitoring equipment to track the moisture levels and ensure that the affected areas are drying properly. This helps prevent secondary damage and ensures the thoroughness of the restoration.
It's important to note that the specific steps may vary based on the unique circumstances of each water damage situation. SERVPRO® technicians are trained to adapt their approach based on the severity and type of water damage encountered. If you experience water damage, it's crucial to contact a professional restoration service promptly to mitigate the damage and prevent further issues.