Can I Save Money When Cleaning Up Fire Damage?
When You Call SERVPRO to Your San Jose Home, We Work Fast to Limit Loss and Overall Costs for Fire Damage Restoration.
The devastation left from your San Jose house fire may be immense, leaving you at a loss for where to begin the cleanup. In such a time of worry and confusion, SERVPRO is available for emergency fire restoration 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We arrive at your property to begin the assessment and restoration project quickly so that we get you back to your routine faster than any DIY methods would allow. Our IICRC-certified technicians bring the latest advancements in equipment and professional techniques so that we can erase traces of the blaze. Everything is left, "Like it never even happened."
What is the Next Step After the Fire Gets Extinguished?
After the flames get thoroughly doused, and the first responders on the scene say that your property is safe for entry, call our crew to get our Green Fleet in motion for your fire damage restoration in San Jose. Once we arrive, the crew chief begins assessing the damage to effectively plan the cleanup and restoration. We work with the promise to repair and restore rather than replace, helping to save you both time and money overall.
Will Indoor Air Quality Be an Issue Now?
Any fire leaves behind copious amounts of soot and smoke particles that threaten indoor air quality. It is equally important that we are mindful of remaining moisture from water or chemicals used to extinguish the flames. Any moisture left behind creates the perfect environment for mold and mildew to thrive, which brings the potential for health effects.
We have skilled technicians that utilize the right filtration tools and equipment for the job to restore air quality while eliminating odor-causing particulates, such as:
- Air Scrubbers – An air scrubber helps to lessen the colonization of microorganisms throughout the air while helping to remove debris and particulates. With the help of HEPA filtration, air enters the machine where the filter grabs onto microbes, airborne debris, and particles.
- Hydroxyl Generators – This is dual-acting equipment that helps deodorize your household's interior while purifying and filtering the air. The hydroxyl units also have HEPA filtration technology that allows them to capture particulates from the surrounding environment.
Are These Soot Stains Removable from All Surfaces?
The heat from the fire ripping through your home leads to surface area charring. For a standard restoration project, the best option is usually resurfacing or replacement, but these may be costly and time-consuming. SERVPRO technicians utilize various advanced equipment and techniques that can handle even the toughest smoke and soot residue. For example, soda blasting with pressurized air releases high-speed sodium bicarbonate that works to strip away charring and residues. Due to deodorizing properties, the sodium bicarbonate also removes odorous elements from the materials treated.
Particles from smoke and soot are known for settling rapidly on walls, ceilings, and other surfaces after a fire. If you use DIY methods, this takes much time, and you could bring on further damage that makes your efforts counterproductive. SERVPRO technicians have tools like pressure washers and vacuums to help pull up residue, and HEPA filtration pulls loose particles inside to keep them from redistributing into the air.
Will I Still Be Able to Smell Smoke?
When we address a fire damage restoration project, handling tough smoke odors is one of our primary concerns. Every step allows us to break down these stubborn residues while also finding all cracks and crevices where odorous particulates might have traveled. Some of the steps include:
- The possibility of packing up and moving contents and furnishings off-site for further cleaning and deodorization. This allows us to prevent soot and smoke residue transfer into other unaffected areas of your home.
- Technicians carefully clean surfaces riddled with residue, never leaving any space untreated. Our Green Fleet comes stocked with various EPA-registered cleaning agents for removal of residue on materials like drywall, wood, plastics, glass, and metals.
- In areas where pungent odors are present, we may recreate the event that caused odor penetration to begin with. By heating deodorizing agents with our fogging technology, we can put out a chemical cloud to penetrate materials deeply to trap odors and pull them out.
- Some exposed surfaces may also be sealed off using specialized primer, which then gets finished off with the final paint color. If odors migrate throughout your HVAC system, we also have special sealants to stop the particulates in their tracks.
Fire damage restoration is an area where SERVPRO of Campbell excels. If you would like to have a team come out to your property after you suffer loss from a house fire, give us a call 24/7 at (408) 371-4001.