If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (408) 371-4001

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

San Jose Property Owners Rely on SERVPRO for Finding and Remediating Mold Colonies to Mitigate Damages

10/22/2018 (Permalink)

Mold Remediation San Jose Property Owners Rely on SERVPRO for Finding and Remediating Mold Colonies to Mitigate Damages SERVPRO Technicians Wear PPE Personal Protection Equipment During Mold Remediation in San Jose

Finding and Removing Mold Damage in San Jose Homes

Mold is a quiet disaster that affects many San Jose properties. A growing colony of mold spores can go undetected for months and even years. Despite its unobtrusive nature, mold causes millions of dollars in remediation costs every year.
 
Because mold damage appears like a stain in many San Jose homes, many residents think they can kill it with a spray bottle of bleach and then paint over any visible growth. To indeed remove the threat, however, homeowners have to remove the mold and the hyphae. To eliminate current growth and eliminate future growth, owners need to bring in a professional company like SERVPRO.
 
We start with an inspection to find out where the growth started and determined just how far throughout the home the mold has grown. Since not all mold gives the ‘musty odor’ generally associated with it, our inspectors use an air content meter to measure levels inside the home and track the origin point that way.
The origin point is where we usually find the source of water that enabled the mold to expand and grow in the first place. We typically use moisture meters and infrared camera technology to uncover hidden pockets of moisture. Eliminating this source forces the mold to return to dormant state and stop growing unless it has found a secondary source of moisture.
 
With the growth stopped, our teams begin removing any visible mold. Most spores spread quickly and only leave a thin layer across most surfaces, not visible to the naked eye. In these cases, SERVPRO technicians can wipe off the mold using a dry sponge. For thicker layers, they use a mild cleaning agent with an anti-fungal chemical to break up the growth and then wipe it away with the sponge.
 
If the mold grew undetected for a long period, the spores had time to extend hyphae into nearby material like drywall. Once these root-like structures penetrate the surface, we cannot remove them without breaking up the affected panels. Our team leaders recommend removing the affected panels and carefully dispose of them without spreading any mold to other parts of the home. Containment is a key factor in professional mold remediation.
 
Our teams can quickly replace the drywall with new panels if the homeowner wants the job done without delay. As restoration professionals, we can hang the new wall, and paint it to look exactly like the old one. If the owner wants a new color, technicians are happy to do that as well.
 
Returning each home to its original or improved condition is our goal at SERVPRO of Campbell. If you need our help to clean and remove mold; contact us at (408) 371-4001 today.

Here is the official govt site.

Other News

View Recent Posts